We are hiring!
Imagine being excited to come to work each day... Picture yourself making a difference for a company where your opinion will be valued and appreciated...Enjoy working with the most intelligent people in the area... At AppEx Networks, we believe in that great people is all it takes for a company to success. We also believe in that a great environment will bring out the best of each individual.
We are looking for talented individuals who want to work in leading edge technology within a dynamic company. Each person here makes an impact in a collaborative environment where you can see the results of your efforts. If you have what it takes to thrive in this fast paced environment, come and join us!
Pre-Sales Engineer (Silicon Valley, San Francisco Bay Area)
AppEx is seeking a technical professional specializing in TCP/IP, networking engineering and server application technologies. The position is responsible for pre-sales and technical support of AppEx ZetaTCP technology based web/mobile acceleration products. It directly interfaces with external clients and is highly visible.
The position is part of the sales team that manages customer trials, complex technical problem escalations, performance tuning, network performance testing and network troubleshooting. Expect some travel in this role. Compensation package will include competitive salary, commission, and stock options.
• Most important is effective, clear and direct delivery of technical information both orally and in written format to potential and/or existing customers
• In-depth to expert knowledge in the areas of Internet TCP/IP, HTTP, web acceleration, media streaming protocols, content caching, Global Server Load Balancing, Windows/UNIX, Load Balancers, switches and routers
• Ability to develop trial performance tests and correlate data points for presentation to potential and/or existing customers
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in the Company’s product and service lines, product features, uses, applications and competitive qualities as well as ability to contribute to profitability of the corporation
• Minimum 5 years in sales role
• Minimum 5 years in a TechOps role for server and/or network administration of a production web site
• 4 year IT or Computer Science degree or equivalent technical experience
• In-depth knowledge of Content Delivery Networks is preferred
• Solid writing and presentation skills
• In-depth understanding of TCP and HTTP
• LAN switch knowledge (i.e. VLAN, 802.1q)
• Unix knowledge highly desirable
• Application and Server Load Balancing knowledge desirable
• WAN routing knowledge desirable
Director, Business Development (San Francisco, Bay Area)
• BS/BA in a technical or business field.
• 8+ years in a sales or business development role within Telecommunications or Networking industries
• Strong telephone, web-based demonstration and presentation skills
• Capable of relationship development, opportunity identification and pipeline tracking and building.
• With strong track records of successful business development in North America, preferring with major carriers and/or powerful resellers/integrators in network sector.